Search for Free Books

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Strand Bookstore, Home to 18 miles of New, Used and Out of Print Books!

Ramachandra Guha commences his article, ‘A Letter in a Book’ (The Hindu of July 8, 2007) with a mention about Strand Bookstore. I could not move to the next line. It reads, ‘Strand Bookstore, home of 18 miles of new, used, rare and out of print books’. Wow! I found it very difficult to visualize a bookstore with bookshelves lined for 18 miles! It should be a treat to any book-lover. I added Strand Bookstore to my dream-list of places to be visited before I die.

Thoroughly impressed, I searched the Net and got further information, which I give below for book-lovers like me who have not heard about Strand Bookstore before:

Strand Book Store
828 Broadway, 12th Street
New York City, NY 10003
+1 212 473 1452
strand@strandbooks.com
Open Hours
9:30a-10:30p M-Sa, 11a-10:30p Su

This Greenwich Village favorite has been around since 1927. The prices on both new and used books are attractive. There are numerous specialty sections, including an excellent one of discounted art books. It also maintains a collection of antique books, and there are discounted reviewers' copies in the basement.

Further reference:

No comments: